Playing NFS Carbon and want to learn how to drift? This article will show you one surefire way that works best on Xbox and Xbox 360.
Step 1. Accelerate to 75 mph minimum
Step 2. When cornering at a right angle, use the handbrake and squeeze out full throttle
Step 3. As you approach the wall, release the gas, then push out the gas again
Method 1 of 1: Downhill Drifts
Step 1. For Downhill drifts, the control of the car will be very different as the car descends below
The general tactic is to squeeze out the gas when the car goes to the outside and apply the parking brake when it goes to the inside.
- The brake will force the car to press against the outside and also spin it slightly.
- The speed of the car is related to the bonuses received (the relationship is exponential).
- The car will drive straight under nitro acceleration.
Step 2. Understand how gas affects the movement of the car
If you squeeze out the gas, the car will slide and rotate at normal speed. If you release the gas pedal, the car will be pulled to the inside, and it will rotate faster.
Step 3. Finish the combo
Don't be afraid to bump into the wall, ending the combo. You will still get half the points and the multiplier, so it's better to hit the walls than crawl like a turtle.
- At the start of the race, turn on acceleration to accelerate. Also enable acceleration on long straight sections before the combo multiplier disappears.
- Try not to touch the walls though.
- Good luck!