Knowing if a high school girl likes you is not easy. Some girls are shy and do not give out their feelings by a word. Others are very relaxed and outgoing, but they give mixed signals. However, there are a number of signs that will let you know if a high school girl really likes you. If you want to know how the girl feels about you, just follow these steps.
Method 1 of 4: Appearance
Step 1. Pay attention to her facial expressions and gestures
Body language can help you figure out if a girl likes you. She may not tell you directly that she likes you with words, but body language can betray her feelings. When a girl really likes a guy, in a conversation with him she turns her whole body to him and leans slightly towards him - this is how she tries to be closer to the guy. Here are some more signs that she is partial to you:
- Notice if she's curling her hair around her toe or looking down at her legs. This means that she is shy and nervous when talking to you because she likes you.
- Notice if she is shuffling slightly with her feet or wiggling her hands. This is another sign that she is nervous because she likes you.
- Notice if she looks away sharply. If you stare at each other at some point, and then she looks away, it could mean that she is embarrassed to talk to you.
- Pay attention to her smile. Does she smile when she talks to you even if you’re not saying anything funny? This may mean that she likes you.
Step 2. Pay attention to how she looks when she is next to you
Maybe she dresses more beautifully when she knows that you will be there? If you met her at the mall and she, knowing that you will be there, is wearing a pretty outfit and she's wearing more makeup than usual, she may have done her best for you. If she wears a new dress when meeting on a weekend, she is most likely trying to impress you.
She may apply more perfume when she knows you will be there. If you haven't noticed that she uses eau de toilette at school, but unexpectedly applies it when you and your classmates go to the cinema, perhaps she does it for you
Step 3. Pay attention to whether she blushes in your company
This is a clear sign that she really likes you. If you catch her blushing at your gaze, or if her face turns crimson in the middle of a conversation with you, then she is embarrassed that she really likes you. Watch her for a while. Perhaps she is just very shy, or perhaps only you make her blush. If she only blushes in your presence, then she thinks you are special.
Method 2 of 4: Pay attention to what it does
Step 1. Try to catch her off guard when she looks at you
If you look across the classroom and see her looking at you, she might like you. If she looks away sharply, blushes, or doesn't look at you until the end of the lesson, it is even more likely that she cares about you, because in this case she feels that you have taken her by surprise. Also try to catch her eye during a school event. Look in her direction - maybe she is looking at you.
If she is by nature dreamy, perhaps she is not directing attention specifically to you, but simply looking into the void
Step 2. Notice if she laughs readily next to you
If during the conversation she starts to giggle for no reason or even laugh, although you said nothing funny, she may like you. Laughter is a natural way to release nervous tension. She may be giggling or laughing because she is nervous or because she is worried about your closeness.
Pay attention to whether she is laughing in the company of other people, or whether your presence has a special effect on her sense of humor
Step 3. Pay attention to if she laughs every time she walks past you with her girlfriends
If a girl walks by you with her girlfriends and her friends start laughing and nudging her, she probably told them that she likes you and so they tease her. If at the same time she says, "Stop it!"
If a girl is in love with you, her friends almost certainly know about it. Keep a close eye on her friends if you want to know how she feels about you
Step 4. Notice if she tries to touch you lightly
She may be touching you teasingly, such as nudging you playfully or tapping you on the shoulder to say something. This is probably how she flirts and tries to get closer to you. Pay attention to whether it concerns all the guys around you or just you. If the latter, then this is a sign that she likes you.
If she's playfully touching all the guys around her, that's probably her nature
Step 5. Notice if she gives you gifts
If she gave you a pot that she made herself on a pottery mug, or even bought some trifle like a pencil with the logo of your favorite sports team, this shows that she likes you. If she brings sweets to school and persistently treats you, then she tries to impress you and shows her sympathy.
Method 3 of 4: Pay attention to what she says
Step 1. See if she starts a conversation about your common interests
If she knows that you are a fan of a particular team, and suddenly starts talking to you about her, it may be because of you that she has aroused interest in this team. If she knows that you enjoy watching a certain show, and suddenly it turns out that she knows all the characters intimately, perhaps she wants to impress you with her knowledge.
If she has never shown the slightest interest in your hobbies before, and suddenly shows an amazing knowledge of the things that interest you, then she probably likes you
Step 2. Notice if she is looking for any excuse to talk to you
If she comes up to you with a question that anyone could easily answer, like how hard your math test was or what you played in gym today, she's clearly looking for an excuse to talk to you. If she asks you what you think of a particular teacher or new classmate, she may just be trying to spend more time with you by asking the first question that comes to her mind.
Step 3. Notice if she teases you
If a girl teases you, she almost certainly cares about you. If she laughs at your boots, giggles at your new clothes, or the mess in your backpack, she’s teasing you simply because she loves being around you. At times, her taunts can even become somewhat sarcastic, but this does not mean that she does not like you.
Just remember the golden rule: if she pays attention to you, she likes you. Teasing is just one aspect of attention
Step 4. Notice if she is flirting with you
In high school, teasing and flirting are almost interchangeable. However, there are some signs that the girl is flirting with you. If she winks at you, even jokingly, she's definitely flirting. If she teases you about your new haircut and even says it’s better than before, then she’s flirting with you.
- If she is shy, playful, or just a little silly in your company, then she's flirting with you.
- If she makes fun of you for liking another girl, especially when you clearly don't like her, then she's just flirting with you.
Step 5. Notice if she asks you who you like
If a girl suddenly starts wondering who you like and if you want to ask another girl out on a date, then she wants to know if you like her (unless she acts as a pimp for one of her friends). If she constantly pesters you with a question about who you like, or even mentions the names of people to whom she knows very well you have an antipathy, then she is just trying to talk to you about your personal life in order to get closer to you. …
If she makes fun of your previous girlfriends or any girl close to you, then it's likely that she's just jealous because she cares about you
Step 6. Pay attention to what she writes to you in messages
High school girls love to flirt with social media and texting. Remember the basic rule: if she pays attention to you, then the chances are high that she likes you. If she constantly sends you SMS or writes on your VKontakte wall for no reason, then she probably likes you.
- If she posts a video or link to something you like on your wall, the chances are even greater that she cares about you.
- If she asks you via text message what you are doing this weekend, it looks like she is interested in your plans because she likes you.
- Follow her on social media. Does she hang out with other guys as often as she does with you, or does she pay more attention to you?
Method 4 of 4: Find out if she likes you
Step 1. Ask her friends or girlfriends
This is a less daring way of simply telling her that you yourself are interested in her. However, if you are shy but really want to know about her feelings without asking her directly, then just ask her friends. They probably won't answer your question directly, but it will be obvious that she likes you if they get excited and say you should talk to her yourself. Be prepared for the fact that they will immediately tell the girl that you like her.
On the other hand, if she's not interested in you, her friends are likely to let you know, which will save your feelings
Step 2. Ask her yourself
If you are a brave enough guy and really want to date this girl, then just pick a moment when you are alone and ask her how she treats you. You can even be the first to admit that you like her (if you really do) and wait for her answer. Don't put too much pressure on her - just say in a casual way that you think she likes you and that you want to know if she really is.
You can even compliment her to help her relax
Step 3. React appropriately
If she admits that she cares about you, and if you like her too, don't jump for joy - that's not cool. Instead, just show her that you are glad that you like each other and ask her if she wants to date. If she doesn't like you, behave yourself. Just say, “No problem, it doesn't matter,” and part with her calmly and calmly. So you will demonstrate self-confidence, and who knows - maybe in the future she will change her opinion of you.
Whatever happens, remember that you are in high school. High school relationships are fun, but tend to be short and shouldn't be taken too seriously. Just have fun and if it doesn't work out with her, the other girl will definitely fall in love with you in the future
- Girls love it when guys take the first step. Only a few will decide to invite a guy out on a date.
- Don't annoy her with continuous chatter (if you're a natural talker, mostly talk about pleasant or funny things).
- Don't invite her to meet by email, text message, or any other overly impersonal way. This may make her seem like a coward and not mature enough to talk to her face to face.
- Don't shake when inviting a girl to date. Be sure to tidy yourself up - take a shower, put on some cologne or eau de toilette, and don't forget about fresh breath.
- Do not start a conversation on a topic that you are not interested in. Otherwise, you will easily go astray, look stupid, and make you both feel uncomfortable.
- When she talks to you, don't look down. Make eye contact with her, showing confidence and leadership. If you don't look her in the eye, she will think you are too shy and insecure. Don't be overly dominant; girls hate it.
- Don't give her nicknames that might be offensive.
- Girls love to be touched playfully. Lightly touching her hand or nudging her lightly will make her start thinking about you and she will notice you.
- Don't try to make her jealous by flirting with other girls just to test her reaction. She may get upset and turn her attention to someone else.
- If it is obvious that she likes someone else, do not start a showdown, do not harm your opponent or gossip about him. This will turn her against you.
- Smile. Not too hard, but a victorious smile can show the girl that you like her.
- Don't keep asking her questions all the time, or she will think you are weird or desperate.
- Don't be overconfident. Girls don't like guys with bloated egos.
- If your eyes meet, smile or wave your hand. Perhaps she will be embarrassed and even blush, and this is a sure sign of sympathy.
- If she's talking to you about other guys, she's probably just trying to make you jealous. Start talking about the girls in return, just do not overdo it, otherwise she will think that you like the other.
- If in your presence she says loudly: “How cold it is!”, Offer her your jacket. It's a hint.
- If it turns out that she doesn't like you, leave her alone and move forward. Don't embarrass her.
- If you are sitting next to her and she hugs you, moves closer, or shows that she is comfortable in your company, she probably likes you. If she casually turns her head, but at the same time continues to look at you, this is also a sign that she likes you.
- Show her that you care about her. Send her, for example, a gift from an anonymous fan. She will begin to wonder who he is from.